Monday, April 18, 2011

Mature or Manic?



This week i have just been getting this incredible urge to stop doing what i've been doing for the past year (music, painting) and just focus on helping people with depression and bipolar disorder. I can always do those things in my spare time right? I've been trying to be a rock star and an artist, but I think i'd rather just do something more useful with my life like help people that suffer. I'm not sure whether i'm just becoming more mature or whether this sudden influx of ideas and impulse for change is me being manic. Does it really matter though? I'm gonna do it anyways.

I've been looking for places to volunteer and i'm going to start tonight with a buddy of mine who has started a group for people with mental illness where we can help eachother. I've been looking for someone to make videos with for the site and I think i've found someone. Videos will allow me to reach more people with my message. I've also found a girl who wants to help people raise their self esteem and we might do something together. Self esteem is so important for quality of life. You can't hate yourself and be happy. I think that part of the reason i've has such a strong urge for change lately is that I don't feel satisfied just doing painting and music. I need to do something more important with my life to feel good about myself. I'm also thinking about going back to school for social work. There is only so much you can do without an education.



I really look forwrd to making some videos. I've been wanting to for so long, but i just haven't had anyone to help me. Should be fun and hilarious.


Hope you're feeling well


No comments:

Post a Comment