Wednesday, October 27, 2010

An Experiment with Medication


i play the drums and fuzzball singS. we R looking 4 a guitarisT. email mE.

They say that you have to take your medication every day at the same time, but i'm just not convinced that that is the case. There has to be some kind of tropical island between zombie and spaz. When I take my medication every day I am sluggish for most of the day, timid, and sexually numb. As you can imagine, this is not appealing. I recently stopped taking my medication and have just been taking it on demand, when i really feel horrible. It has worked well for me. It numbs my pain, allows me to rest, allows me to see things logically, and resets my mind. After this i get to feel alive and creative again (though angry and depressed as well). I'm going to try to take it every other day and see how it goes. It seems like it would work for me. However, I am ultra rapid cycling and my depressed/irritable periods usually only last a couple of hours.


If your medication doesn't make you feel good you should change something. Consult your doctor before you make a change. Perhaps you can try a different dosage or different medication too.


Hope you're doing well and enjoying life. Don't be afraid to think outside the box. Your well-being is just as much your responsibility as your doctors'.


No comments:

Post a Comment