Saturday, October 2, 2010

Be careful Who You Tell




People do not understand mental illness. I've told all my friends and I can't help but feel like they act differently around me now. I told them hoping that they'd treat me better knowing that i'm vulnerable, but it hasn't worked out that way. Most people have this kind of "eww get away from me" reaction to mental illness. I told this girl that I loved hoping that she'd help me and she won't even speak to me now.


I'm not saying don't tell anyone, just make sure its a person you trust and respect. Even though i am not ashamed of being bipolar I don't think it is wise to tell a lot of people. On the other hand, my family and some of my friends have been very helpful so I think you should tell someone.


Bipolar disorder has a bad reputation. Just saw "Shutter Island" yesterday and this manic depressive woman kills drowns all of her children. I've never felt like drowning children...maybe if they're really annoying and don't eat their vegetables...just kidding:)


Ya, you want to be appreciated and understood for who you are, but you have a life to live in this unforgiving and unfair world and you need to be smart. Some things are better left unsaid.

No comments:

Post a Comment