Wednesday, November 3, 2010

An Experiment with Medication- Week 1


Hey....When I take my medicine every day I am a very sleepy boy.

So i have been taking my meds on an on demand basis. Whenever i feel myself slipping, like when i start to get really stressed out, or really irritated, or i get too many ideas to actually choose or act on any of them, etc, I take the pills for a day or 2. This has been helping me to calm down so I can think rationally about what is going on and make good decisions. So far it has been working great. I have been feeling good all week. I've been experiencing the good feelings of hypomania without slipping into depression, irritability, or destructive hypomania for very long. However, i have also been exercisig regularly and spending time with friends. I don't know if this method of taking medication could work for more severe cases of bipolar disorder. In some cases it might be too dangerous for people to not take their medication every day. Also, the longer you have been taking medication the more difficult it would be to stop.
Hope you're feeling calm and alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment