Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Bipolar Medication: Its No Fun Being Crazy by Yourself


My little experiment with medcation is over...now I know why they do experimets on mice. I was able to have enjoyable hypomanic highs while being able to manage depressive and irritable moods somewhat, but I was useless when i was hypomanic and I was cycling like crazy. I couldn't work and since i'm too old to be in kindergarten that is a problem. I'm back on the medication full time and now that I am I feel stupid for staying off it for so long. The last couple of days have been great. Perhaps my bipolar mind created some nightmare of me being a lifeless, impotent, boring zombie on medication. It isn't like that at all. I have to sleep 9-10 hours a night and that isn't so bad. I can still play music and enjoy it. I can work withot getting irritated by every little thing that goes wrong. I don't feel as strong physically, but I don't plan on fighting anyone any time soon. I feel like Buddha right now. Hooray for Buddha pills! I'm on Olanzapine (Zyprexa) and it calms my mind down so i can think rationally (be smart) without my emotions getting in the way (being dumb).
p.s. Studies have shown that growing a mustache significantly increases the likelihood of one day being cured.
p.s. You're awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment